Event Organizer will provide the following required items for food booths vendors:
1 A Canopy, Have four (4) walls of solid material or 16 mesh per square inch screen with pass through windows for customer service that are 216 square inches or less
2. DISH WASHING SINK (WARE WASHING SINK)
3. ELECTRICAL POWER
All food booths need to have overhead protection and a floor of concrete, asphalt, or wood.
Food booths with open foods are required to:
• Have four (4) walls of solid material or 16 mesh per square inch screen with pass through windows for customer service that are 216 square inches or less. Exception - If open food is limited to samples, walls are not required if samples are in covered containers.
• Locate barbecues, grills, or other approved outdoor cooking equipment adjacent to the food booth and with a barrier to prevent public access. Do not locate outdoor cooking equipment under trees.
• Be free from rodents, cockroaches, and flies
Note: For events lasting less than four hours, artificial turf, canvas, or other similar materials may be used if properly secured and do not present a tripping hazard. Dirt and grass are not acceptable floor surfaces
The business name must be displayed at each booth in letters that are at least three (3) inches high.
The name of the owner, city, state, and zip code must be clearly displayed.
FOOD TRUCKS AND FOOD CARTS
FOOD TRUCKS AND FOOD CARTS WITH A CURRENT LOS ANGELES COUNTY PERMIT
• Permit posted on the truck or cart.
• Carts not required to be inside a tent.
• Food must be handled in compartments on the cart.
• Food trucks operating at a Certified Farmers’ Market may store, display, and sell food from a
table adjacent to the vehicle.
FOOD TRUCKS AND FOOD CARTS WITHOUT A CURRENT LOS ANGELES COUNTY PERMIT
• Food truck and cart operators WITHOUT a current Los Angeles County Public Health Permit
must apply as a temporary food facility and pay for a health permit.
• Food trucks and carts participating more than one day in an event must provide information on
maintaining required food temperatures and storage of equipment during periods of nonoperation and where and how the food truck or cart will be serviced (disposing wastewater,
obtaining potable water, etc.) during periods of non-operation.
• Minimum requirements for dish washing, hand washing, maintaining food temperatures and food
storage must be met as applicable. Equipment must be in working order.
• A food truck or cart without a permit from Los Angeles County or another jurisdiction must
provide a direct connection to an approved water supply that bypasses the holding tank. Liquid
waste must be removed through an approved connection to the sewer system or by an approved
sewage transport vehicle.
• If direct connection to an approved water supply that bypasses the holding tank cannot be
provided, the food truck or cart must utilize an external warewash and handwash sinks, and be
subjected to the same warewash and handwash sinks requirements as that of a food booth.